Other Events of interest to Orwell Society members and their friends are listed here:
Goldsmiths University of London: 2nd June 2017
– 2nd George Orwell Studies Day. LGO2: Professor Stuart Hall Building. 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Richard Blair Speaks: Oban 17th March 2017
– Lorn and Argyll Historical Society on Friday 17 March 2017 St Columba’s Cathedral Hall, Oban.
Stephen Armstrong: George Orwell – The Road to Wigan Pier at 80! Tuesday 7th March 2017
Museum of Wigan Life
‘1984’ on stage: Pittsburgh, PA, USA March 3 – 12, 2017
The Spanish Civil War and Wigan: Tuesday 28th February 2017
– Museum of Wigan Life
Richard Lance Keeble: ‘There’s Always Room for One More Custard Pie’ – the humour of George Orwell. Saturday 25th February 2017 2-4pm
Orwell Takes Coffee in Huesca 17th February – 25th June
Les Hurst of Scarthin Books: Derby 9th December 2016
– The poetry of George Orwell; to Derby Poetry Society. Friends Meeting House.
Launch of George Orwell Studies: London 1st December 2016
– Orwell’s Politics: A panel discussion between Richard Blair, son of Orwell and Patron of The Orwell Society, Paul Anderson, author of Orwell in Tribune, and John Newsinger, Professor of History at Bath Spa University, will be held at Housmans Bookshop (5 Caledonian Road, London NI 9DX), on 1 December, 7-8 pm. The event marks the launch publication of George Orwell Studies, an academic, peer-reviewed journal, co-edited by Keeble and Newsinger and published by Abramis, of Bury St Edmunds. Entry to the event (which is open to all: no need to book) is £3 – the entry ticket can then be used towards the price of the journal. Orwell Society members are invited to meet afterwards for a drink and discussion.
Dr Jane Mackay on Animal Farm: Friday, December 9th 2016
– Lincoln Drill Hall
Dr Jane Mackay on Animal Farm: Tuesday, November 29th 2016
– Loughborough Town Hall
Richard Blair Speaks: Guildford 17th November 2016
– The Guildford Institute on Thursday 17 November from 3 to 4.15pm The Guildford Institute, Ward Street, Guildford GU1 4LH.
Richard Lance Keeble Speaks: Louth 22nd October 2016
‘Orwell and the spooks’ to the WEA Louth branch on Saturday 22 October, from 2-4 pm. Conoco Room, Louth Library, Lincolnshire (see www.spanglefish.com/wealouthbranch/index.asp?pageid=229440)
1984 by George Orwell – Directed by Liz Postlethwaite (2015)
Last Updated: 25 Nov 2016